http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/nov/05/phil-woolas-ejected-parliament-election
Summary:
Former immigration minister Phil Woolas was ejected from parliament after he lied about his Liberal Democrat opponent during the elections which eventually lead him to standing again for three years. He lied about his opponents that he supposedly was trying to address the Islamic extremists. His goal with this accusation was to upset the people who are against the Islam culture and claim false statements about his opposition. Telling lies that are not based on reasonable grounds is obviously not allowed. The consequences of his lies are that Woolas is suspended from the Labour party because the party does not want to support winning by lying. The political parties also realize that they have to be careful in the future to prevent this sort of situations and they want to remind all the politicians that an election needs to be fought fair to keep the democratic system.
Opinion:
I would like to start off with Woolas' lie. I cannot understand that the politicians react so surprised about a politician telling lies to achieve his goals or get (re)elected. As I can remember a politician or party never achieved the promises made before they got elected or said something about their opponent that was not true. I agree that it was a good decision to suspend and kick Woolas out of the parliament but I also believe that his lie have been figured out faster as it was a part of his campaign, so somebody should have noticed it.

Damir i do not agree with you because this is not about politicians making their promises true when they got elected, but it is about making other parties black so your their own party comes out better. this is another type of campaigning and it is wrong. just make a good program and the people will follow.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen